Hard Code is a design studio, specialized in custom electronic products and sensor data analysis for corporations. As a diverse team, electrical engineers and the data team work together to create comprehensive, seamless and meaningful user experiences.
Join the data team and work with smart people who have brought products to the market in volume. This is the right place for you if you enjoy getting your hands dirty sometimes with real hardware, environmental challenges and be ok with struggling to solve seemingly impossible problems that have never been solved.
Responsibilities of the Data Engineer
- Specify, design, build and maintain an optimal data pipeline architecture for IoT time-series data in the cloud (storage, processing and making it available),
- Deploy existing data processing logic and deep learning models in the pipeline,
- Participate in creating and growing the Data team within the company and establishing data practices and products,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that support Data Scientists in creating new models and product functionalities,
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.,
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using mostly noSQL and ‘big data’ technologies in the cloud,
- Work with stakeholders including the Data Science team, mobile app development and hardware design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs,
- Keep our data separated and secure.
Qualifications of the ideal Data Engineer
- Experience and interest in Time Series databases,
- Advanced working SQL / noSQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases,
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets,
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement,
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets,
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management,
- A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets,
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores,
- Strong project management and organizational skills,
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment,
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc. Python is preferred.
- Cloud services (e.g. Google/Microsoft/AWS),
- Cloud data storage and processing technologies,
- Big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.,
- Deep Learning with TensorFlow / Keras,
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases: Postgres and Cassandra, etc.,
- Data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.,
- (Stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.)
Apply here with filling out the form below or send your CV and/or LinkedIn profile to email@example.com. If you feel your are not perfectly qualified for this role, no worries, contact us and we will find out together.